Accountable to: GSNWGL Board of Directors, Council Membership, Girl Scouts of the USA and federal, state and local government.
Purpose: To represent the voices of girls on the committee as a non-voting member. As a Girl Scout you have ideas that important to share.
- Understand the Girl Scout mission and philosophy
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in regular committee meetings, Meeting participation methods (in-person, video-conference, telephone, etc.) are determined by the committee and are held according to committee work schedule.
- Make recommendations and complete tasks agreed upon related to the committee work.
- Represent Girl Scouting and our council in community-wide meetings and events.
- Lead a “Mission Moment” discussion during a committee meeting.
- Support the council with a financial contribution through our council’s product sales or Family Partnership donation.
- Support majority decisions of the committee.
- Belief in the goals and philosophy of the Girl Scout movement
- Be a registered member of GSUSA
- Be 14-18 years of age
- Ability to evaluate issues and make decisions
- Willingness, ability, and time to carry out the responsibilities of the position
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and avoid conflicts of interest
- Commitment to the position
Term: Two years, limited to two consecutive terms
|GSNWGL Board Girl Member Recommendation_2017-18_W.PDF (108 kb)|
|GSNWGL Board Girl Member Application_2017-18_W.PDF (104 kb)|
|Board of Directors - Girl Member||Board of Directors - Committee & Task Group List|
|Others in this category|
|Board of Directors - Girl Member|
|Board of Directors - Committee & Task Group List|