Accountable to: Council Membership, Girl Scouts of the USA and federal, state and local government.
Purpose: To represent the voices of girls on the Board of Directors as a non-voting member. As a Girl Scout you have ideas that important to share. The Board is interested in your views.
- Understand the Girl Scout mission and philosophy
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in regular board meetings. Participation in person is encouraged, although participating via videoconferencing is an option. Meetings are held quarterly and throughout the geographic region of our council
- Attend orientation for new board members
- Be familiar with council bylaws and articles of incorporation
- Participate in our council’s Annual Meeting
- Represent Girl Scouting and our council in community-wide meetings and events.
- Participate in reviews of council and board performance.
- Lead a “Mission Moment” discussion during a board meeting
- Support the council with a financial contribution through our council’s product sales or Family Partnership donation.
- Support majority decisions of the board
- Belief in the goals and philosophy of the Girl Scout movement
- Be a registered member of GSUSA
- Be 16-18 years of age
- Ability to evaluate issues and make decisions
- Willingness, ability, and time to carry out the responsibilities of the position
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and avoid conflicts of interest
- Commitment to the position
Term: Two years, limited to two consecutive terms